I spent the last month searching for the perfect location to begin to offer treatments again and I am so happy to announce that new location. I have found a beautiful space to re-establish the practice out of and I will begin providing acupuncture treatments there on a limited basis beginning Tuesday, May 5th. In this clinic we will be taking several precautions and have procedures set in place for all of our protection and safety and to keep us all comfortable adjusting to new normals in our routines and activities moving forward.
The space I will be working from is within
A Way of Life Acupuncture
4337 Pablo Oaks Ct, Building 200
Jacksonville, FL 32224
This is right across the William Davis Parkway from the Mayo Clinic, and it is an exceptional space which I think you are all going to love coming to for treatment. I realize that for some of you this will be a longer drive compared to the last location and I believe that the beautiful space and energy that the owner, Dr. Christine Yastrzemski, provides there will make the trip worth it! I am so looking forward to the new space and working relationship and to getting back to providing you all with the treatments you need, when you need them in a serene and welcoming environment!
NEW PROCEDURES BEING IMPLEMENTED
First and foremost, I want all of us to remain safe and healthy and, as always, I will do everything in my power to ensure your safety when you come in for treatment. Some of the changes that will be in effect starting next week will include pre-appointment self-screening checklist which will be listed in your appointment confirmation email and on the door of the clinic as a reminder, online appointment scheduling and payments to reduce unnecessary in-office contact in common areas, continuation of Telehealth visit availability and, of course, treatment room and facility cleaning procedures will be maintained at or above current CDC recommendations with patients being roomed as quickly as possible and all treatment rooms being appropriately disinfected after each treatment and treatments will be timed to limit the number of people passing through the common areas.
SHOULD YOU SCHEDULE AN ACUPUNCTURE TREATMENT?
I am so looking forward to being able to be at your service in person again if you should need me but in order to do so I must protect the safety of anyone who comes into the clinic space. If you want to come in for treatment you must be free of any acute respiratory disease symptoms. If you answer no to all of the following you can proceed with an appointment:**
- Are you currently experiencing fever, cough, shortness of breath and/or a recent loss of sense of taste or smell?
- Have you traveled outside of the Duval County in the last 14 days?
- Have you recently been exposed (in prolonged close proximity without protective equipment) to anyone who has tested positive for COVID-19?
- Have you recently been exposed to anyone with a cold or flu symptoms?
I want to help you stay well for the remainder of this spring and into the summer and beyond. If you are struggling with your physical and/or emotional well-being during this time I am here to be of service and help keep you away from the hospitals while they manage the front lines of this illness.
**If you need to discuss your answers to these questions, you can always setup a Telehealth visit on my website www.sankihealth.com or by logging into your Patient Portal in the new ChARM Health system.
HOW TO SCHEDULE AN ACUPUNCTURE OR TELEHEALTH APPOINTMENT
Since leaving Jacksonville Acupuncture Clinic I have setup a new EHR (Electronic Health Records) system for my practice. All patients who come to see me at the new location or want to schedule a Telehealth visit will need to first get setup on the ChARM Patient Portal. You should all have received an invitation already to do so. Search your inbox for this invitation or reply to this email with a request for a new invitation and I will send it right off!
Follow these steps the first time:
- Setup your Patient Portal Account – click the link in the invitation and follow the instructions to access and setup your Patient Portal Account.
- Request an appointment – Click on the “Appointments” tab in the Portal and then find the big “+” icon near the top right and click on that to make your appointment request selections.
- Select the Provider and then the Visit Type and then the calendar will appear for you to select from the available dates and times.
- Once you select a date and a time, please scroll down to and enter something in the “Reason” box and then hit “Request” and I will get notified of your appointment request. At this time I am manually confirming all appointments and you will receive a confirmation email when the appointment has been set.
- Fill Out Forms – Once I approve the appointment and you get a confirmation for it you will then have Questionnaires to fill out in the portal. You can access these directly by clicking on the Questionnaires tab and there will be a list of them. These must be filled out before your first appointment.
- Arrive for your appointment – For in person acupuncture you will now go to 4337 Pablo Oaks Ct., Building 200. The clinic is called A Way Of Life Acupuncture. For a Telehealth visit please arrive shortly before the appointment is scheduled to begin by logging into your Patient Portal and navigating to the Appointments tab where you will see your appointment with a blue link to the right of it that says “Check In”. Clicking on this button will launch Zoom Meetings. If you do not already have this application on your device you will automatically be walked through the steps to download and install it. It is required in order to hold the Telelhealth visits and will take only a few minutes to install. After you do this the first time you will only have to give Zoom permission to run each time for any follow up visits.