I accept many insurance plans that cover acupuncture and complimentary alternative medicine.
I am In-Network with Unitedhealthcare, Cigna and Florida Blue/Blue Cross Blue Shield (most plans).
All insurance coverage of acupuncture is different and it is important to check with your insurance company before your first appointment to verify what, if any, coverage you have for this service.
Call the number on the back of your insurance card and ask the following questions to determine your costs for treatment:
- Do I have Acupuncture Coverage on my plan?
- If Yes then continue with the following questions. If No then you will be responsible for full payment of the treatment fee.
- Do I have in-network AND out of network coverage for Acupuncture?
- What is my copay or co-insurance amount for Acupuncture?
- Do I have a deductible to meet before my plan will pay toward my treatments?
- If so, do I have different deductible for in versus out of network?
- What are the limitations to this coverage? (ie number of visits per year, certain dollar amount, certain conditions that are covered or excluded from acupuncture coverage)
- If number of visits is limited per year, does the count start right away or after I meet the deductible?
- Is this a calendar year or benefit year plan?
- If benefit year, what is the renewal date?